Felsőszentmárton – Vejti: On the Drava dike
The route from Felsőszentmárton continues on the asphalted Drava dike towards Drávasztára. In the middle of the road south from the dike we can find Révfalu (Drvljanci), once settled village in the floodplain, now part of the Danube-Drava National Park. Remains of traditional local architecture are the reasons to pay a visit there, during summertime popular among artists and hikers.
Drávasztára is another village with Croatian majority. On its central square there is the monumental neo-gothic catholic church built in 1948. Services are available here including guest house, store, pub, restaurant. On the Drava river bank there is a mooring, including a rest area for water tourists with lavatory.
The town of Sellye – “capital of the Ormánság” – is located in 7 km north from Drávasztára. The town offers several services (stores, restaurant, open-air pool and thermal bath, bank, post office, railway station etc.). Main monument of Sellye is the baroque Draskovich castle, the arboretum around it and the Ormánság Museum. Between Sellye and Drávasztára we go through Drávaiványi, whose late-baroque style reformed church is the most beautiful example of coffered-ceiling churches.
We leave Drávasztára on the dirt road of the Drava dike towards Vejti. On the route we can find a watchtower remained from the Cold War, and the beautiful Vájási oxbow lake. In the area of Vejti on the Drava bank we can find a rest area.
As a detour north from Vejti we can visit Vajszló where several services (shops, pub, restaurant and post office) are available.